To help you get started with BEAST and get familiar with the different components and the work-flow we have put together a series of introductory tutorials that you can work through.
- First Tutorial
- An introductory tutorial about running BEAST.
- Second Tutorial
- An introductory tutorial about interpreting BEAST output.
- Estimating Rates and Dates
- A basic tutorial on inferring rates and dates from tip-dated virus data.
We also provide a number of stand-alone ‘how-to’ documents which describe the procedures for specific analyses, data types, or models in greater detail.
- Creating taxon sets
- How to create a taxon set in BEAUti.
- Setting tip dates
- How to use BEAUti’s options to conveniently set the dates of sequences.
- Analysing BEAST output
- How to analyse the output of BEAST in Tracer
- Sampling the dates of tips
- How to sample uncertainty in the dates of sequences.